dimanche, février 12, 2006

Saturday night treat



Watched this movie last night.. Well, all I gotta say about it is: good looks, good costumes. But that's it. The rest was just "whatthe..."

AndI just have to comment on Sophie Okonedo:
oh God, Sophie.. Having four hands for feet? That's just GROSS!! It really was a DOWNGRADE from your acting in "Hotel Rwanda".. C'mon girl.. you can do better than that!


You know, I don't GET these actors (and actresses). They performed so well in a movie (for Charlize and Halle, even got an Oscar for that), but then, afterwards, it's as if they intentionally downgrade themselves by playing mediocre roles like superheroes (or action-heroes)! And it's not even entertaining!! Rremember Catwoman? Aaaaarrgh!!! diamonds for nails in the kitty-paws? and the icky costume? what the hell were they thinking??!!!
Not EVERY super/action-heroes movies are crap, though.. X-Men sequels are (so far) okay.. I couldn't wait for Ultraviolet.. C'mon Milla!! Don't let me down, girl!! :)

I'm crossing my fingers for you! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nauval Yazid said...

oscar-quality films = low salary, de-glamorized looks, emotional & psychological sufferings, those so-called sacrifice for the sake of arts. (like the arts becoming tangible? that's another issue.)

mindless films = big salary, gorgeous looks, often getting designers' pricey clothes or the opportunity to show off the well-toned bods, all in the name of fun and loads of money!
just don't ask to read the scripts, period.

now, it's our call to choose which :)

1:13 AM  
Blogger famousfeline said...

Doesn't it surprise (or sadden) you that male-dominated action movies like Matrix or Spiderman, which are -let's face it- as shallow as Aeon Flux or Resident Evil or Tomb Raider actually won good raves and earned big bucks?

Hollywood is sexist. Critics are sexists. And the Oscar... I don't even know how to define the Oscars or the board of jury of the Oscars.

And yet I can't define the Oscars without sounding shallow and naive.

So I'll just zip up my trap.

Aeon Flux is nice! Catwoman is crappy. I wish they'd make another Catwoman (no, really).

I hate Halle Berry and I hate X-Men (what's up with the whole one-man show? Of course Wolverine is a hunk, but I'm quite an avid X-Men comic fan, and I've always thought that it was about TEAM -> same case with Mission Impossible. What's up with Tom Cruise being the one-hero?)

As to Nauval's definition... I think I'm 10% Oscar Quality Films (probably including Festival Quality Films, although they're so far away from Oscars) and 90% Mindless Films.

12:54 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home